Covered California Open Enrollment for 2018 Coverage Begins Nov. 1, 2017 and will end on Jan 31, 2018.
However, if you want new coverage to begin on Jan 1, 2018, you must enroll on or before Dec. 15, 2017.
General Enrollment Info
If you experience certain life changes, you can enroll at any time of the year by applying for special enrollment.
Medi-Cal enrollment is year round.
Medi-Cal and Covered California use the same application. When you apply, depending on factors such as your family size, income and citizenship or immigration status, you will find out whether you qualify for:
- A Covered California health plan with or without financial assistance
- County Children’s Health Initiative Program
- Medi-Cal Access Program for pregnant women
Special Considerations for Covered California Enrollees for 2018
Covered CA Enrollment Counselors are here to help - click here for a list of certified enrollment counselors at one of our member health centers.
- Covered California members will soon begin receiving renewal notices. Starting Oct. 11, consumers can use the Shop and Compare Tool to find out their plan options and monthly premium price for 2018 coverage.
- In 2018, Anthem Blue Cross and HealthNet are leaving some parts of the state. Affected consumers will receive notices directly from their health plan as well as Covered California informing them they need to select a new plan for 2018. Those consumers who received notices can find additional information in the FAQ fact sheet.
- This year, Covered California offers a provider search tool to help consumers find health insurance plans with the doctors they want. Learn more about searching for providers available in plans you are considering for 2018.
- Due to uncertainty at the federal level, an additional surcharge will be added to 2018 premiums for all silver plans. This cost-sharing reduction surcharge will increase the gross premium price of Silver-tier insurance plans. Most consumers will not see a significant change in the net price of their monthly premium because their financial help will increase as well.
- Covered California consumers with Silver-tier coverage who do not receive a subsidy to help them pay their premium each month may be able to avoid certain rate increases in 2018 by switching to a different metal tier (Gold or Bronze) or shopping directly with an insurance company.
Covered California "California Health Benefit Exchange" and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by Health Quality Partners, which is solely responsible for its content. This site is not maintained by or affiliated with Covered California, and Covered California bears no responsibility for its content. The e-mail addresses and telephone numbers that appear throughout this site belong to HQP and cannot be used to contact Covered California.