- The California State Warning Center receives notification from SDG&E of any potential Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) which may impact San Diego County.
- Be Alert! Extreme fire conditions may lead to execution of a PSPS.
- Due to the possibility of an extended power shutoff to your facility, check generator fuel supplies, and/or plans for obtaining more fuel or evacuating if necessary.
- If the PSPS program is in effect and causes the power to go out in your facility, this triggers an “unusual event” as defined in the Public Health and Medical Emergency Operations Manual and response protocol.
- Report any outages related to the PSPS to the L&C District Office and to the local Medical and Health Operational Area Coordinator (MHOAC).
- AFL 20-59 - Public Safety Power Shutoff Power Outage Reporting, reminds facilities that licensing regulations require facilities to report the unusual occurrence of a PSPS event to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Center for Health Care Quality (CHCQ) Licensing and Certification (L&C) Program. AFL 20-59: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHCQ/LCP/Pages/AFL-20-59.aspx
To register for updates to PSPS future events please visit the links below or call the appropriate utility company contact:
Southern California Edison- https://www.sce.com/safety/wildfire/pspsor call 1-800-990-7788 or your assigned SCE Account Manager
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company- https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/your-account/account-management/manage-your-account/alerts-and-notifications/update-your-contact-information.page?WT.mc_id=Vanity_mywildfirealerts or call 1-866-743-6589
- San Diego Gas & Electric- https://www.sdge.com/our-commitment-wildfire-safetyor call 1-800-411-7343
- Liberty Utilities- https://california.libertyutilities.com/walker/residential/my-account/my-bill/my-profile.html#navbar-my-account-main-residentialor call 1-800-782-2506
- Pacificorp- https://www.pacificpower.net/outages-safety/wildfire-safety/public-safety-power-shutoff.htmlor call 1-888-221-7070
- Bear Valley Electric Service, Inc.-https://www.bvesinc.com/safety/public-safety-power-shutoff/ or call 800-808-2837