In an effort to both streamline resource access/delivery as well as to ensure that all of our member Emergency Preparedness Coordinators are seeing current information related to trainings, drills, exercises, and Best Practices, please visit this page to find links to information, resources, and updates.
Active Shooter / Active Killer
- COMING SOON
- Earthquake Country Alliance Earthquake Country Alliance (ECA) is a public-private-grassroots partnership of people, organizations, and regional alliances that work together to improve earthquake and tsunami preparedness, mitigation and resiliency.
- Earthquake Situational Manual and Tabletop Exercise ( TTX) Template - These documents can be edited.
- COMING SOON
Fit Testing (Respiratory Protection)
Power Shut Off
- Public Safety Power Shutoff, also called a PSPS. Occurs in response to severe weather. Power is turned off to help prevent wildfire and keep communities safe.
- California Department of Conservation - Tsunamis Education, Maps, Preparedness and Reports
- STOP THE BLEED Campaign to raise awareness and teach people how to learn three quick actions to control serious bleeding.
Organizations that provide trainings
- FEMA - The Emergency Management Institute (EMI) Offers self-paced courses designed for people who have emergency management responsibilities and the general public. All are offered free-of-charge to those who qualify for enrollment.
DJ Phalen, MA, BSPH, CHPP, EMT, NHDP-BC
Director of Operations
Emergency Management, Security, and Facilities / Emergency Preparedness and Response Program
Direct: (619) 542-4324 | cell: (619) 569-3607 | fax: (619) 906-2486